The Show-Me Institute is pleased to offer internship opportunities for Spring 2020.
- Internships are open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Spring internships will last approximately four months. The exact starting and ending dates are flexible, but each intern is expected to work at least 10 weeks. No internship shall start prior to January 13. Spring internships will end on or before May 1, 2020.
- Spring interns will work a part-time schedule that can be arranged to accommodate class schedules.
- Interns will be involved in virtually all aspects of the Institute’s operations. Interns will work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of projects. They can expect greater responsibility and personal attention than they would receive at larger organizations.
- Interns will assist staff members with a variety of tasks. These may include researching public policy topics, assisting with social media, organizing events, and writing and editing op-eds, newsletter articles, studies, and other documents. Some administrative and clerical tasks will also be required.
- A Show-Me Institute internship is an excellent opportunity to improve your research and writing skills. Each intern will produce regular blog posts and an op-ed on a public policy topic of interest. Each intern will receive feedback and assistance from SMI staff members throughout the process.
- Interns will be paid on an hourly basis.